Like I announced, I started working on my thesis last week. For now it means creating a plan and a detailed list of methods, motivation and resources needed. Due date: this friday. Luckily I could skip a lot of the background reading, because I am already more than up-to-snuff. But still, work to do.
The subject ended up being implementing the taskbar I started working on for UIST; but this time the platform is changing. After careful deliberation I am switching to using an iPad for the touch-area; this decision was made because Microsoft's prototype really is a prototype and especially the touch-screen was very hard to use. That and I am on an extremely tight schedule: I do not want to wait. Too bad, because the platform is spot-on for what I want to create.